A good start of a meal, if at hotel would cost minimum ₹80-100. Soup is something we can easily cook at home also. Let us see how we cook Hot and Sour Vegetable soup.
For 2 Serving
- Carrot – 1 medium size – Peeled and shredded
- Cabbage – 75 gms – shredded
- Beans – 3 nos – finely chopped – Beans is a risky affair, if not cooked well, it will spoil the soup.
- Mushrooms – 4 nos – Wipe with wet cloth, finely sliced
- Onion – 1 small – finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 inch – finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 Pods – finely chopped
- Green chillies – 2-3 nos – finely chopped. As an alternate green chilly sauce can be added.
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder
- Corn flour – prepare a paste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat a wok/pan, pour oil. Add ginger and garlic, saute it for a few seconds. Add chopped onions to it. Mix continuously till golden brown.
- Add (in order) Beans, Cabbage, Carrot, Mushrooms. Mix well before adding each. Add green chilly or sauce.
- Pour 2 glass of water. Add Salt and black pepper powder. Bring it to boil. After a couple of minutes, add starch paste into the soup and let it boil to bring the consistency.
- Just before taking the soup off the stove, add chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot. Add salt and pepper if needed while eating the soup.
[image courtesy: WikiCommons]